Liposuction is the most successful and aesthetic cosmetic surgery that is performed to slim and reshape certain fatty areas of the body by removing excessive fat deposits from them.
It enhances the body contour of the person by removing excessive fat cells from those areas of the body that look out of shape.
Ideal candidate for Liposuction
Not every individual can be a good candidate for liposuction as there is certain eligibility criteria associated with the procedure. The eligibility criteria include the following:
• Age over 18
• Good general health
• Must agree to follow diet and exercise regimen
• No associated illness like diabetes, heart disease etc.
Liposuction is not a weightloss treatment. It is done to reshape one or more areas of the body that do not respond well to diet and exercise
Liposuction is most commonly and successfully performed on the following areas of human body:
• Abdomen & waist
• Neck, chin & cheeks
• Upper & backs of the arms
• Chest area
• Hips & buttocks
• Inner knee
• Calves & ankles
The procedure involves two steps: In the first step, fat cells are broken up from various possible parts of the body and in the second step these broken fat cells are removed using suction method. Suction is done using small, thin, blunt-tipped tubes (cannula). Cannula is inserted under the skin through tiny cuts and the surgeon moves the cannula under the skin to suck fat from target areas. . The cannula is applied with a powerful, high-pressure vacuum that sucks the already broken fat.
Advantages of Liposuction:
• Very effective at removing fat deposits in small areas
• Is an outpatient procedure that does not require hospitalization
• Local anesthesia is used in almost all the cases
• Person can get up and move around as soon as the treatment is finished
• Early return to normal activities within a few days
• Improved and noticeable change in body contour right after surgery
Advice of Caution
Liposuction removes excessive fat from the body but it is not a treatment for obesity. After liposuction every patient is required to follow a healthy diet and strict exercise regime to stay in the perfect shape. Otherwise the results of liposuction reverse very soon and patient goes back to the imbalanced shape.