Fat around abdomen gives a very bad shape to the whole body.
Although most of the persons can reduce this fat by strict diet, regular exercise and other weight controlling measures, but sometimes it becomes too stubborn to go. It just refuses to go away even after best efforts. Moreover it may also happen that a person loses considerable amount of fat but gets loose and saggy skin around abdomen.
Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty is a one-step procedure for both these problems. It gives a tight and flat abdomen by removing excessive fat from the body, followed by tightening of weak or separated muscles of abdomen.
It gives a smooth and firm profile to the abdomen.
WHAT ARE THE IDEAL PROBLEMS THAT CAN BE SOLVED BY TUMMY TUCK?
Tummy tuck procedure can give best results in following conditions:
• Sagging and protruding abdominal area
• Excessive fat tissue and/or skin around abdomen due to any of the following reasons:
o Previous surgery
• Loose skin due to aging or significant weight fluctuations
• Stretch marks due to pregnancy, or marked weight loss
ADVICE OF CAUTION
Tummy tuck is not a simple procedure. But it is a major surgery that should be decided after understanding its advantages and disadvantages. Moreover it should always be performed by a certified and trained surgeon to avoid any complication.
ADVANTAGES OF TUMMY TUCK
• Gives a flat and smooth tummy
• Makes abdomen firm and well-toned
• Tightens loose skin or weak muscles
• Restores youthful-looking body
• Regain confidence and self-esteem
• Better choice and look in clothes (especially swimwear)
• Does not result in substantial weight loss but removes only fat from the body
• The procedure leaves a scar in the bikini area
• Women undergoing tummy tuck have limited scope for future pregnancy
• Results may reverse in case of any significant weight gain
What a Tummy Tuck won’t do?
Tummy tuck is only a solution for the stubborn fat pockets that refuse to go away even with strict diet and exercise regime. It does not treat obesity and should definitely not be considered a substitute for exercise and healthy lifestyle. Technically the results of tummy tuck are almost always permanent but only with sincere efforts by the person to maintain an ideal weight. If the person does not follow dietary and lifestyle guidelines, the results can diminish or reverse. It is also not a solution for stretch marks but these may improve or remove if they are located on the areas of excess skin that will be excised during the tummy tuck procedure.